DOCUMENTARY EVIDENCE OF THE BUILDING BY THE KIEV METROPOLITAN SERAPION OF THE CHURCH OF ST. SERAPION IN THE KIEV-PECHERSK LAVRA
The article discusses the possibilities to study and introducing into the scientifi c circulation of new documents of the XIX century related to the activities of the Kiev Metropolitan Serapion, in particular his contribution to the development of the Kiev-Pechersk monastery. The main source for the study of development of Church building in Kiev in the beginning of the XIX century are diaries of Metropolitan, which were studied by historians in the XIX century, but was published only partially. However, they store signifi cant amount of information related to the daily life of the city, as a separate ecclesiastical monuments, churches and others.
2. Bolchovitinov E., mytr. Vybrani praci z istorii Kyeva / E. Bolchovitinov, mytr. – К., 1995. – 488 s.
3. Diatlov V. Kyevo-Pecherska Lavra. Dovidnyk-putivnyk / V. Diatlov. – К., 2008. – 448 s.
4. Instytut rukopysiv CNB NAN Ukrainy. F. 1. Spr. 6. 740 ark.
5. Kyevo-Pecherrska lavra – pamyatka istorii ta kultury Ukrainy. – К., 2006. – 426 s.
6. Sitkariova O. Arhitektura Kyevo-Pecherskoi lavry kinca ХVIII – ХХ stolitta / O. Sitkariova. – К., 2001. – 338 s.
7. Shcherbyna V. Novi studii z istorii Kyiva / V. Shcherbyna. – К. 1926. – ХХІХ, 166 s.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.