PHILOSOPHICAL AND SOCIO-POLITICAL VIEWS OF SAID NURSI
- Nursi is a famous philosopher and religious figure of the first half of XX century. His philosophical and socio-political ideas were formed under the influence of stagnation, internal and external problems of the Ottoman Empire, which lived out its last decades. S. Nursi acted at a time when the powerful former Ottoman Empire was experiencing a severe social crisis. The First World War opened the eyes of entire Muslim world to the real power of European industrial machine. It is logical that this caused a wave of indignation at the old order, an attempt to depart from their original traditions. But now we know perfectly well that the motto: «We will destroy whole world of violence. To the ground, and then. we`ll build our own new world» does not work the way radical reformers ever wanted it to. The peak of Said Nursi's socio-political activity came in the first quarter of the twentieth century, a time of triumph of people's hopes for decisive changes in the country, which never happened. According to his own philosophy, even in times of total bureaucracy and deteriorating situation in the Ottoman Empire, he obtained permission and money to implement his educational ideas. Being a truly wise man, Saeed Nursi believed that the old order could not be departed from, but should be changed in accordance with the modern needs of society.
2. Dale F. Eickelman Qur’anic Commentary, Public Space, and Religious Intellectuals in the Writings of Said Nursi. A Contemporary Approach to Understanding the Qur’an: The Example of Risale-i Nur. Materials of fourth International Symposium on Bediuzzaman Said Nursi. Istanbul: Sozler Publications A. S., 2000. P. 748-756.
3. Hocaoglu D. Islam and Modernity. A Contemporary Approach to Understanding the Qur’an: The Example of Risale-i Nur. Materials of fourth International Symposium on Bediuzzaman Said Nursi. Istanbul: Sozler Publications A. S., 2000. P. 771-789.
4. Ibrahim E. Debbagh Bediuzzaman Said Nursi’s Views on the Theory of Knowledge. The reconstruction of Islamic thought in the twentieth century and Bediuzzaman Said Nursi. Materials of third International Symposium on Bediuzzaman Said Nursi. Istanbul: Sozler Publications A. S., 1997. P. 83-97.
5. Jacob M. Landau Radical politics in Modern Turkey. London: Routledge, 2016. 305 p.
6. Nursi S. Flashes. // US archive. 10 червня 2020. URL: https://ia800501.us.archive.org/34/items/RisalaNur/TheFlashes.pdf
7. Nursi S. Letters, 1928-1932. Nursipublishers, 1994. 583 p.
8. Nursi S. Risale-i Nur. // eRisale. 10 червня 2020. URL: http://www.erisale.com/index.jsp?locale=en#content.en.201.29
9. Özyürek E. Nostalgia for the Modern: State Secularism and Everyday Politics in Turkey. London: Duke University press, 2006. 227 p.
10. White J. Islamist Mobilization in Turkey: A Study in Vernacular Politics. Washington D.C.: University of Washington press, 2002. 289 p.
11. Перекладацька група «Nur» Бадіузаман Саїд Нурсі Історія життя. Стамбул: Sozler, 2017. 748 с.