TECHNOLOGIES OF THE STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT OF HIGHER EDUCATION INSTITUTIONS DEVELOPMENT IN THE COUNTRIES OF THE EUROPEAN UNION
The article outlines the problem of developing technologies for strategic management of the development of higher education institutions in the countries of the European Union (EU). The urgency of the problem is the application by the subjects of strategic management modern technologies of the development of higher education institutions of the EU countries and the use of their experience in the system of higher education management in Ukraine. Conceptual ideas and positions of foreign scientists concerning the application of competitive and adaptive strategies, behavior and resource dependence of organizations in the conditions of market changes are taken into account. The principles of management of the educational service quality provided by higher education institutions are formulated, trends in the education system management are outlined; the strategies and technologies of management of the higher education institutions development in the EU countries are analyzed, the conditions of effective functioning of the management system are determined, the practical recommendations are offered. It is revealed that the content of process management of the higher education institutions development in EU countries is implemented by the subjects through the functions-tasks, the components of ensuring quality management of the development of higher education institutions. On the basis of the analysis of foreign models of financial and economic activity management of higher education institutions in the EU countries, it was proposed the projected to the medium-term perspective modernized sub-model of Ukraine’s higher education institutions financing on the contractual basis. The basis of civil-law relations is the obligation of the parties, the procedures of expert evaluation of the results, the collaboration of higher education institutions with business structures, venture groups for the implementation of programs and projects. The emphasis was put on the stages of Ukraine’s higher education institutions financing in accordance with the qualitative indicators of the performance activity level, the stimulation by the state of business structures, the integration of universities with venture companies to commercialize the results of scientific researches and technology transfer, the differentiation of wages of scientific and pedagogical workers in accordance with their contribution to the development of the higher education institution, working out of the legally established norm for the creation of one’s own endowment, the provision of favorable organizational, pedagogical, psychological conditions.
2. Афанасьєв М. Форсайт – вектор руху університету // Вища школа. К., 2015. № 9-10. С. 42-58.
3. Рижа Т. В. Аналіз тенденцій розвитку вищих навчальних закладів Хмельниччини // Університетські наукові записки Хмельницького університету управління та права. Хмельницький, 2010. № 2. С. 354-359.
4. Стандарти і рекомендації щодо забезпечення якості в Європейському просторі вищої освіти. URL: http//www.enga.eu/files/ESG%20in20ukrainian.pdf (access 10.11.2018).
5. Altbach P. G. Internationalization and Exchanges in Global University // The Future of Sponsored Educational Exchanges in a Internationally Mobile Academy: a Symposium convened by the Institute of International Education and the Germany Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). New. York, 2000.
6. Ansoff I. Corporate Strategy. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1965.
7. Chandler A. D. Strategy and structure. London: MIT Press, 1962.
8. Counsil conclusions of 12 May 2009 on a strategic framework for European Higher Education Area, March 2010. URL: http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/ALL/?uri=CELEX:52009XG0528 (access 02.05.2018).
9. European higher education in the world. Communication from the Commission to the European Parliament the Council, the European Economic and Social Committee and the Committee of the Regions. Brussels, 2013 (access 11.07. 2013).
10. Likert R. New patterns of management. New York: Garland, 1987.
11. Miles R. E. & Snow, Ch. Organization strategy, structure and process. New York: McGraw Hill, 1978.
12. Pfeffer J. & Salansic G. The External Control of Organizations а Resourse Dependence Perspective. N. Y.: Harper and Row, 1978.
13. Thompson A. M. & Pyteref J. A. Strategic Management Founding of Competitive Advantages, 19 th Edn, Williams Publisher, 2015.