WORK WITH CHILDREN WITH SPECIAL NEEDS IN THE AMERICAN EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM
people (especially children and youth) requiring special treatment as a result of deviations in physical or mental development is traditional for Ukrainian culture. The situation in Ukraine has historically developed in which this category of children and young people remained unprotected for a long time, even isolated from environment, and open discussions of issues regarding disability were unpopular in society. The purpose of the article is to prove and demonstrate, on a example of American practice a necessity and expediency of introducing foreign experience in the national educational practice. Today one of the most important tasks to be solved by our educational institutions is the formation of life experienced children with limited psychophysical capabilities, meeting their special needs in social relationships and communication, access to information and environmental objects and material assets. The searches for required technologies of social and educational work with such a contingent of children revealed the most important and necessary one – promotion of self- and mutual support of parents and children with civic organizations, informa associations and volunteer help.
2. Dity z osoblyvymy potrebamy u zahalnoosvitniomu prostori: pochatkova lanka [Children with special needs in the general educational space: the initial link] / Ed. V. I. Bondar, V. V. Zasenko. K., 2004. 152 p.
3. Intehrovane navchannya ditei z osoblyvymy potrebamy u prostori zahalnoosvitnoi shkoly [Integrated teaching of children with special needs in the general education school space]. Dnipropetrovskyi oblasnyi psykholohomedykopedahohichnyi tsentr. Dnipropetrovsk, 2005.
4. Koziievska O.I Inkliuzyvna osvita [Inclusive education] Bez Barieriv. № 24. 27.12.2011. URL: 27.12.2011 рnaiu.org.ua/inklyuzivna-osvita-v-ssha/.
5. Kolupaieva A. A. Inkliuzyvna osvita: realii ta perspektyvy: monohrafiia [Inclusive education: realities and perspectives: Monograph]. K., 2009. 272 p.
6. Ravchyna T. Diialnist vykladacha vyshchoi shkoly v konteksti suchasnoi filosofii osvity [The activity of higher education teacher in the context of modern philosophy of education]. Visnyk Lvivskoho universytetu. Seriya pedahohichna. 2009. 25. – Part 3. pp. 11–22.
7. Sofii N. Z., Kuzmenko V. I. Pro sto i odyn metod aktyvnoho navchannia [About one hundred and one method of active training]. K., 2003. 116 p.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.